Arrrrr, the Mamas uncover buried treasure with three pirate-themed books for Middle Graders readers (aged 8-13) in the 39th episode of Two Lit Mamas Podcast. Their high seas discussions quickly freeze over with six tips for beating the winter blahs that don’t include walking the plank. Join them if you dare!
- The Extremely Inconvenient Adventures of Bronte Mettlestone by Jaclyn Moriarty
- Dark Waters by Katherine Arden
- Pirate Queens: Dauntless Women Who Dared to Rule the High Seas by Leigh Lewis, illustrated by Sara Gomez Woolley
Pick 6: How the Mamas beat the winter blahs
- Lots of carbs, including homemade bread, French pastries, and pretzels. Yes, please!
- Get cozy with Danish Hygge and throw another log on the fire.
- Game the system with games.
- Embrace the Swedish mantra “There’s no such thing as bad weather, only bad clothing.”
- Murder in books, movies, TV shows and podcasts
- Make your family mission statement “Always Be Learning.”