The Two Lit Mamas celebrate Middle Grade March with random selections from their TBR piles before they collapse and crush them. Margie went for funny superheroes, of course, while Heather dug into a survival story that was a little too real. Listen in as the Mamas gush over poetry (shocker, right?), get on their soap box in defense of graphic novels (not a shocker), and share their favorite female MCs from middle grade books in honor of Women’s History Month (totally on brand).
- Margaret from Are You There, God? It’s Me Margaret by Judy Bloom
- Jesse Keyser from Running Out of Time by Margaret Peterson Haddix
- Iris from Song for a Whale by Lynn Kelly
- Esperanza from Esperanza Rising by Pam Munoz Ryan
- Ada from the War that Saved My Life and The War I Finally Won by Kimberly Brubaker Bradley
- Mimi Mackson from Midsummer’s Mayhem by Rajani LaRocca