In Episode 24, the Mamas discuss two middle grade novels that take very different approaches to prepping from a kid’s perspective: one is apocalyptic and the other is fake news, but both are intensely entertaining and involve drinking toilet water. If you can hang with that, then grab your bug-out bag, dust off your survival skills, and join the Mamas in the bunker. Just don’t forget the Franzia.
Pick 6: Summer Reading Recommendations
1. Historical Fiction: Gone to the Woods, Surviving a Lost Childhood by Gary Paulsen
2. Mystery: The Parker Inheritance by Varian Johnson
4. Realistic Fiction: Thanks a Lot, Universe by Chad Lucas
5. Science Fiction: The Last Gate of the Emperor by Kwame Mbalia
6. Humor: My Life as a Potato by Arianne Costner
Show Reference Links: