In this episode, the Mamas get extra nerdy exploring the final frontier in the latest Middle Grade science fiction novels and short stories. So grab your communicators and listen in as they cover hermetically sealed post-pandemic apartments, talking heads, shape-shifting aliens, and murder on the moon. Oh, it gets creepy, gross and dark, but you’re gonna love it.
Science Fiction MG Book Chat:
Cleo Porter and the Body Electric by Jake Burt
Moon Base Alpha Series by Stuart Gibbs
Weird Kid by Greg Van Eekhout
The Mortification of Fovea Munson by Mary Winn Heider
Pick 6: The Mamas favorite Sci-Fi short stories
- The Fermi Paradox is Our Business Model by Charlie Jane Anders
- Kin by Bruce McAllister
- Bloodchild by Octavia E. Butler
- There Will Come Soft Rains by Ray Bradbury
- Harrison Bergeron by Kurt Vonnegut Jr.
- The Lottery by Shirley Jackson