The Mamas embrace their inner Sporty Spice (or Benchwarmer Spice) to share reviews of Middle Grade novels (ages 8-12) about gymnastics, football and soccer, as well as, the personal and family trauma that can sometimes be associated with sports. The Mamas also share six sports-themed activities for the classroom and home. Put on your athletic supporters and let’s get started!
Pick Six: Sports-Themed Activities
- Fine Motor Skills: Basket Toss
- Language & Sensory: Mystery Bag with Sports Items
- Large Muscle Movement: Skiing on 2×4 Blocks
- Math: Add and Subtract Game Scores
- Science: The Physics of Football video and The Impossible Kick Ted Talk
- Geography: Pin Team Pennants to the City, State or Country on a Map